I’ve been really excited and looking forward to this week because my childhood friend and all time best friend is coming to visit me in Hong Kong. We actually haven’t been able to see each other very often since I moved away, but every time we see each other it’s like we’ve never been apart. We started reminiscing about the good old times, friendships and new friendships… And this is what we came up with:
- your work bff: this is your go to person for coffee breaks, afternoon cookie sharing and bathroom gossips. You message them discretely to tell them how you can’t stop yarning in your meeting and how you really are looking forward to Friday. This is also one of the decisive person you consult to determine what to wear for office parties.
- the friend who can party: yes we all have one, or a few. You probably never met them sober for more than 20 mins, you can count on them to be out or wingman you out! You’ve known them forever, and knows probably too much details from certain areas of their lives and they yours, but you know you both are in a safe place 😉
- the one you always make plans with but never hang out: they are cool people, you met them perhaps at this social event or a party, you exchanged contact and loved the idea of continuing your conversation, but somehow never find a good time. You know what I’m talking about.
- the out of town high school/college bff who know everything about you and you talk regularly if not daily: there’s no need for further description, they support you the best, they <3 comment all your insta pictures.
- friends of your friends (or possibly your other half’s friends): I only referring to the cool ones whose makes you smile when you ask “who else is attending?” You have them on insta and fb, but never bother making plans, cause they are someone else’s click.
- your childhood (best) friend(s): your bridesmaid(s), sister from another mother, wifey on social media, you name it!